With an impressive community of published alumni, a thriving community of writers, and strong ties to the publishing industry, our short creative writing courses are all you need as an aspiring writer. .
Discover our short writing courses
Our community of writers
Take a short writing course with City and join our thriving community of writers:
- Share your work in a safe and supportive environment
- Benefit from our close links with the publishing industry
- Take part in our quarterly writing contest, The city writesand win a chance to read your work to an invited audience
- Be the first to hear breaking news with our writing newsletter championing student success
- Take advantage of our inclusive approach through our scholarship programs for Roman Studio and write for Social impact
- Become published by contributing to our City Short Courses Blog
Alongside our creative writing courses, we also offer a range of popular business writing and journalism courses, designed to develop your writing skills in a professional setting. All Business Writing and Non-Fiction Storytelling students are also eligible to submit ideas for our blog which, if accepted, will then be professionally edited and uploaded to our site.
Our Writing Short Course alumni have continued to publish books; win writing awards; get signed by agents; and continue their studies at the master’s or doctoral level. Sign up for a creative writing course in town to see where it might take you. Published alumni of our Novel Studio course.
Recent posts by alumni
Learn with us
We know that flexibility is essential for our short course students. This is why we organize evening and weekend sessions. Looking for something more intensive? We also offer one-day workshops and summer schools. Our courses range from beginner to advanced level, so there is something for everyone.
News and Events
Follow us on twitter