Pedestrian group (Winner – Publishing House of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is looking for a talented and competent collaborator Cultural journalist to join the team behind The chainsawAustralia’s first web-focused publication3.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and working closely with the Managing Editor, the Culture Journalist will keep our community up to date on all the latest Web3 developments that lie at the intersection of art, music, games, styling and more.
The Culture Journalist will be expected to produce unbiased news, in-depth analysis, insightful opinion pieces, and in-depth investigations into the future of token technology and its impact on multiple industries.
The Culture Reporter will be required to:
- Write several editorial articles per day
- Present, research and produce various forms of content, including in-depth journalistic investigations and short guides
- Stay up to date with a rapidly changing space and be fully immersed in the world of culture and its intersection with Web3
- Build relationships with leading projects in the Web3 cultural vertical
- Conduct in-depth interviews with everyone from founders and creatives to key thought leaders
- Engage with our community through multiple social touchpoints including Discord, Twitter, LinkedIn and more
- Follow best practices for SEO and social optimization
The position requires someone with:
- A strong interest in blockchain and its connection to games, fashion, art, collecting and more
- Knowledge of the subcultural phenomenon of Web3 and the cultural histories of the space
- A broader understanding of the Web3 space
- The ability to sort fact from fiction, drawing on both primary and secondary sources
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable writing experience in business markets
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with new ways of telling stories (experience working in front of the camera is a bonus)
- A detailed understanding of journalistic ethics
It’s a full time role based in Australia, and can be fully remote (although Pedestrian Group has offices in Sydney and Melbourne).
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this role, as well as three presentations of stories that are located in the subcultural phenomena of Web3. To see our existing content, find us here: https://thechainsaw.com/
*About the pedestrian group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of over 4.16 million Australians per month, and more 18-39 year olds than any other publisher. It is home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia, as well as outdoor cinemas. It is 100% owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.